For anyone who has yet to hear about CardMatch, it’s basically a credit card search tool that matches your credit profile with pre-approved offers.
Here are the two most common questions people have about CardMatch:
- Is CardMatch some sort of scam?
- Why should you bother using CardMatch?
Because this tool is often misunderstood, I’d like to clear everything up with facts and personal experiences.
First, CardMatch Is Not Any Kind Of Scam
CardMatch is a tool offered through the CreditCards.com domain. If you haven’t yet stumbled upon CreditCards.com, it is a huge credit card comparison site, with subdomains in Australia, United Kingdom and Canada.
CreditCards.com is owned by Bankrate. Bankrate () is a massive network that’s a trusted source for financial rates and information, and their data is requently referenced on CNN, CNBC, Fox Business News, etc.
Bottom line is, you can use CardMatch with confidence.
Another common misconception is that using CardMatch can ruin your credit. On the contrary, entering in your personal information to use this service only causes a “Soft Pull” on your credit. Soft Pulls do not affect your credit score in any way, and they are commonly done without your knowledge in other aspects of your financial life. Pre-approved credit card offers, employer background checks, and even when you check your own credit score, all usually involve a “Soft Pull”.
The “Hard Pull“, which DOES affect your credit score, will happen when you actually APPLY for one of the credit cards (the same as applying for credit cards anywhere else).
Best Reason For Using CardMatch
Regardless of whether or not you’re in a hurry to obtain a new credit card, the main reason CardMatch is unique is that sometimes you’ll get matched up with card offers that aren’t available elsewhere. Usually this is in the form of higher sign-up bonuses compared with regular public offers. Because it doesn’t affect your credit score in any way, it’s best to check often for any new offers.
Not everyone will see the same offers; it’s all dependent on your personal credit profile, and whether the issuer happens to have an available offer at that given time.
Historically, American Express has often provided superb offers on CardMatch.
Here are some examples of offers that have been seen on CardMatch IN THE PAST(may not currently be available!):
Personally, I’ve taken advantage of the 250 Reward Dollars offer for the American Express Blue Cash Preferred card last year:
Things To Know Before Using CardMatch…
What offers will you see? It all depends on the Soft Pull of your credit that determines what offers will show up for you. Even if you have a favored FICO score of at least 700, you may still not get matched with the more favored offers.
Your chances of seeing good offers from American Express may also depend on your history with American Express. Because I’ve taken advantage of the Blue Cash Preferred offer in the past, I no longer personally see these better offers now (my score is over 800 now too). So if you’ve recently applied for an Amex card for a bonus elsewhere, you may not get all the best matches on CardMatch.
It doesn’t affect your credit, so there’s no harm in looking:
Step 1: Go directly to the .
Step 2: Enter in your First Name, Last Name, Current Address, and the Last 4 Digits of your SSN.
Step 3: View your matched offers.
More Popular Pages At javiermalosetti:
- Best Bank Account Promotions And Bonuses September 2018
- HSBC Bank $350 & $750 Checking Account Bonuses
- Best Savings Accounts And High Yield Rates September 2018
- Best CD Rates | Find & Compare CD Rates September 2018
- Best Personal Loan Lenders For September 2018
- Best Cash Back Shopping Sites Everyone Should Be Using (Free Cash, Points, Rewards!)
- Best Robo-Advisors 2018: Top Automated Investment Services Reviewed
- Best Brokerage Promotions And Bonuses September 2018
- Best Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Offers September 2018
- Chase Coupon Promo Codes: $200, $300, $350, $500 – September 2018
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Money Market Account 1.85% APY Offer
- Chase Bank Business Checking Promotion: $200 Sign-Up Cash Bonus
- Chase Total Checking Account Bonus: $200 Coupon Available Online
- Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Bonus: $300 Coupon Offer
- Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®: Earn 75k Miles Yearly